Allianz Global Assistance – Competition 2019 – Win 1 of 5 $100 Coles & Myer Gift Cards
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promotional period (“Promotional Period”) for this promotion ("Promotion") commences 12.00am AEST 6 August 2019 and ends 11.59pm AEST 16 August 2019. This promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/36662.
2. Information about the prizes and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Taking part in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The promoter is AWP Australia Pty Ltd trading as Allianz Global Assistance ABN 52 097 227 177 of Level 16, 310 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 phone: (07) 3305-7000 ("the Promoter").
4. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older, as at the date of entry. To be eligible, entrants must complete the competition entry form at https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/competitions/ where they will be required to enter their email, first name, last name, and phone number and answer the question ‘Tell us your top 3 pieces of advice that you would give to overseas students who are studying in Australia for the first time’ (“Entry Question”) during the Promotional Period. The winner will be identified using their name entered in the competition.
5. Every Eligible Person answering the Entry Question in the manner above will receive one entry into the Promotion draw. Limit one response to Entry Question per Eligible Person.
6. An Eligible Person who has answered the Entry Question in the manner above will be eligible to receive additional entries as follows:
a. if the Eligible Person watches our video on sexual health they will receive 3 additional entries in the draw;
b. if the Eligible Person watches our video on mental health they will receive 3 additional entries in the draw;
c. if the Eligible Person reads our blog on sexual health they will receive 1 additional entry in the draw
d. if the Eligible Person reads our blog on mental health they will receive 1 additional entry in the draw
e. if the Eligible Person Refers friends by sharing the Promotion using the Competition Widget and a friend completes an action using their link, they will receive 1 additional entries in the draw for each friend that enters the competition via their unique share URL
during the Promotional Period.
7. Any work (for example, answers to the Entry Question) submitted as part of an entry (“Work”) becomes the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entry, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights in and to the Work and consents to the Promoter doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Work which may otherwise constitute an infringement of an entrant’s moral rights. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the Work submitted is an original work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party.
8. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse or domestic partner, ex-spouse or ex-domestic partner, de-facto spouse or ex-de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
9. The competition runs Monday to Sunday during the Promotional Period.
10. Entries are only valid during the Promotional Period and are not carried forward to the next competition. Eligible entrants will be automatically entered into the Promotion in their own name during the Promotional Period and the winners will be awarded the prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions.
11. The total prize pool is $500. There are 5 prizes (each a "Prize") in total to be won each consisting of a $100 Coles Group & Myer gift card. Terms and conditions of Gift Card use can be found at http://www.giftcards.com.au/Gift-Card-Terms-of-Use.aspx. Gift cards expire 4 years from the date of issue.
12. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
13. If the Prizes are not available, the Promoter may substitute the Prize with prize items of equivalent value.
14. The winning Eligible Entries will be selected by random computerised draw at Level 18, 310 Ann Street, Brisbane, Qld 4000 on 12 noon AEST 20 August 2019.
15. The winners will be notified by email by the Promoter and receive instructions on claiming their Prize, within seven days of the Draw Date.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winners provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a Prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide any proof requested by the Promoter or provides a proof which does not establish the winner's identity, age, residency or entry validity suitable to the Promoter, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
17. If a Prize remains unclaimed by 12 noon AEST, 20 November 2019, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw for any unclaimed individual Prize at Level 18, 310 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 at 12 noon AEST, the day following the unclaimed prize draw dates above.
18. The winner(s) for the redraw for the unclaimed Prize will be notified via phone or email.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize(s).
20. The Prize(s) remain the property of the Promoter until lawfully claimed by the winner(s) to the satisfaction of the Promoter pursuant to these terms and conditions.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. If this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated or is interfered with in any way due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right , subject to the requirements of any relevant permit authorities for this Promotion, to: a.cancel, terminate modify or suspend the Promotion, where the Promoter deems appropriate; or b.disqualify any entrant.
23. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner(s) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
b. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
c. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d. any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
e. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
f. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
g. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
h. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
i. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
26. Limitations of Liability: by participating or entering into the Promotion, except for liability under statute which cannot be excluded, each entrant agrees that Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by each entrant for any claims, liability, or cause of action for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including without limitation property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of either Prize, participation in this Promotion, or participation in any Promotion or Prize related activity. The Promoter is not liable for any change in value of a Prize occurring between the publishing date of these terms and conditions and the date the Prize is claimed.
27. The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.
28. By accepting the Prize, each individual winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner(s) will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
29. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to the winner(s), each individual winner hereby permits for their images and/or voices, as recorded, photographed or filmed during their participation in the Prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner(s) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
30. This Promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in this Promotion.
31. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Each Eligible Entrant completely releases and discharges Facebook and Twitter from any liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
32. All entries will be the property of the Promoter.
33. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct this Promotion and to provide any goods/services you have requested or purchased. By participating in this Promotion, you also acknowledge that a further purpose for collection of your personal information is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist it in improving goods and services and to contact you in the future with information on special offers or to provide the you with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages. To opt out of receiving marketing material from the Promoter, you can do so at any time by writing to “Privacy Officer”, Level 16, 310 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, or by calling the Promoter on telephone number 1800 023 767. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers (some of which may be located outside Australia), including prize suppliers or regulatory authorities or for any other purpose to which the entrant has consented previously or by entering this Promotion, such as promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
35. Entrants are not required to provide personal information, however if you don't, you may not be eligible for this Promotion and the Promoter may not be able to provide you with its goods/services or contact you in relation to this Promotion or any changes to it. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
36. You can access the personal information about you held by the Promoter by calling the Promoter's Privacy Officer on 1800 023 767.