These terms and conditions apply to the 2019 Self-directed (Nominee) account campaign offered by Sun Life Financial Investment Services (Canada) Inc. (“Sun Life”).
1. Campaign period –The campaign starts on Sunday December 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on January 31, 2020 (the "Campaign Period").
2. Campaign description and eligibility requirements – New and existing clients who make a deposit or transfer assets into a Self-directed (Nominee) account held at Sun Life during the Campaign Period are eligible to receive the offer subject to the campaign terms and conditions.
The offer is tiered, based on the amount of assets deposited or transferred in during the Campaign Period; a client is eligible for only one offer regardless of the number of accounts held at Sun Life.
Clients will also qualify for a transfer fee reimbursement of up to $150 per client, payable by Sun Life, should they pay a transfer fee to their relinquishing institution in the process of moving assets to Sun Life. Clients must provide evidence of the transfer fee incurred to qualify for a transfer fee reimbursement.
Deposits and transfers that settle into a Sun Life Self-directed account during the Campaign Period will qualify for the offer and transfer fee reimbursement. Paperwork received at Sun Life head office that is completed and signed during the Campaign Period will also qualify provided the assets settle in a Sun Life Self-directed account by 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, March 27, 2020.
Assets that are deposited or transferred to Sun Life that qualify for the offer must remain in a Sun Life Self-directed account until at least Wednesday, September 30, 2020 to receive the offer payment.
Sun Life has the sole right and discretion to determine if any deposit or transfer qualifies for the offer and transfer fee reimbursement.
3. Calculation of the offer and transfer fee reimbursement – The offer amount is based on the total eligible assets that are deposited or transferred into a Sun Life Self-directed account during the Campaign Period. The asset tiers and corresponding payments are set out in the following table. Transfer fee reimbursements are based on the actual fee incurred to a maximum of $150.
|Asset Tiers (deposited or transferred)
||Maximum transfer fee reimbursement (if applicable)
|$10,000 – $24,999.99
|$25,000 - $49,999.99
|$50,000 - $99,999.99
|$100,000 or more
4. Payment of the offer and transfer fee reimbursement – Payout of the offer amount will be made as soon as reasonably possible after Wednesday, September 30, 2020. The transfer fee reimbursement will be made upon receipt by Sun Life of evidence that the fee has been charged.
The applicable offer amount and transfer fee reimbursement will be paid directly into the client’s Self-directed account. In the event that the client holds more than one Self-directed account at Sun Life on the payment date, the offer amount shall be paid to the client’s account in the following order as applicable: non-registered account, tax free savings account, registered retirement savings account, locked-in retirement account, registered retirement income fund account and a life income fund account. The transfer fee reimbursement will be paid into the Sun Life account that the transferred assets went into.
5. Limitations and Exclusions – There is a limit of one offer and transfer fee reimbursement per client. The offer does not apply to transfers from existing accounts or contracts held at Sun Life Financial Investment Services (Canada) Inc., Sun Life Financial Distributors (Canada) Inc. and Sun Life Financial Trust Inc.
6. Currency – All currency referenced is in Canadian dollars.
7. General – Commissions, management fees and expenses may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the fund facts and prospectus, which contain detailed investment information, before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed or insured, their values change frequently, and past performance may not be repeated. This Offer may be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time and without notice and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Sun Life Financial Investment Services (Canada) Inc. is registered as a mutual fund dealer in all provinces and territories in Canada. Member of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada.
Mutual funds distributed by Sun Life Financial Investment Services (Canada) Inc.