AEP ends December 7:
Guidance and deadlines
On December 7, all Medicare AEP marketing efforts must cease. Please make sure you follow the guidelines below to submit your final AEP enrollments.
What you need to know
|December 7 || |
- All AEP applications for an effective date of January 1, 2021, must be completed, signed, dated and received by the agent no later than 11:59 PM, December 7, 2020.
- You, the agent, must sign and date the application no later than 11:59 p.m., December 7, 2020, too.
- You may not backdate the member signature date, agent receipt date, or agent signature date.
|December 9 || |
- We must receive signed enrollment applications within two calendar days after you receive them from beneficiaries. December 9, is the last day to submit all applications that were signed and dated December 7, 2020.
|After AEP || |
- If you receive a completed enrollment application after AEP ends on December 7, do not hold or destroy it. Under CMS rules, you must still submit it to us within two calendar days as noted above. We then will process or deny the enrollment as appropriate.