Keeping your data safe
At Aetna, security is a top priority. To keep data safe and secure, we require full-disk encryption on all devices that access or store member data. This applies to any devices producers use to access or store member data too.
To support this requirement, we're implementing a self-validation solution that will ask you to verify whether you have full-disk encryption on your device.
A better solution
Beginning on September 17, 2018, the first time you login to Producer World, you will see a pop-up message that asks you to verify if your device is encrypted. You can respond “Yes” or “No/I don’t know.”
- If you click the “Yes” button to confirm your device is encrypted, you will be immediately redirected to the login page.
- If you choose the ‘No/I don’t know” button, you will be presented with educational information about encryption and additional resources. Close the pop-up screen to continue to the login page. (With this option, you’ll see a reminder pop-up message in about 90 days. This will give you time to verify or install encryption.)
Full-disk encryption – protecting your business
So why are we doing this? Full-disk encryption helps keep your devices secure by automatically converting everything stored on your computer into a form that cannot be read by anyone who does not have the password.
Full-disk encryption offers several advantages:
- Protects your business investment by enhancing the security of your business data • Protects sensitive consumer data, which increases consumer confidence
- Helps preserve professional reputations and reduce costs associated with a security breach
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, the New York Cybersecurity Regulation (23 NYCRR 500), and other federal, state, and industry-specific regulations related to data privacy and security
- Provides “safe harbor” from required HIPAA notifications if a breach occurs [78 Federal Register 5639]
Learn more about Aetna’s full-disk encryption requirement
Read these FAQs to learn more about Aetna’s updated full-disk encryption verification program. You’ll find answers to questions including:
Need technical assistance?
If you have questions about Aetna’s broker full-disk encryption requirements, please contact Aetna’s Global Security Team by calling 1-959-230-9361. Or you can email them at email@example.com. For assistance with installing or activating encryption software on your device, please contact your local technical support team.
We appreciate your support to help ensure the privacy and security of Aetna and joint venture member data.